For more than 100 years, Hennings has been making beautiful custom-designed jewellery. Our jeweller Barry Little uses cutting-edge tools and world-class expertise to create the unique piece of your dreams.
Whether you have a picture of a ring you’d like to recreate or adjust, or simply a concept or stone shape to work with, we can design and craft a piece that expresses your unique taste and style, and matches your budget.
We will start by deciding the shape of diamond you desire, progressing through sketches and mock-ups until we reach the perfect design.
Share your story with unique cuts or coloured stones, add shoulder stones or a halo of diamonds, and choose the metal and setting that are just right. Enjoy all the flexibility of having a ring crafted especially for you – a timeless creation that will last more than a lifetime, to be passed down through generations.
Turning a dream into reality
A jewellery designer is like a magician, turning pictures that exist only in your mind into glittering jewellery you can love forever. We wanted to show you how the story of YOUR dream ring might unfold ...
Take a look at the photos below and use the arrows at left and right sides to scroll through this fascinating journey to its dazzling conclusion.
Here's what you're looking at:
1. The design is developed in conjunction with the customer, and the stones selected to best suit it
2. The metal is formed into the design by rolling, heating bending and cutting
3. Holes are drilled and then cut for the accent stones
4. The main stone’s claws are cut back to the correct length and angle
5. The ring is polished
6. The stones are set and the ring re-polished, then the stones are checked to be level and straight
7. The final polish and rhodium plating enhances the white gold and ensures a resilient mirror finish
8. The final product – a dream come true
We'd love to talk about designing the ring of your dreams to you exact requirements and budget.
To chat about your special dream ring, call us now on 02 4666 0282 or click the 'make an appointment' button.